What to do in case of diabetes or hypoglycemia?
Diabetes is a disease characterized by the body’s inability to maintain a stable blood sugar level. It is often when the sugar level is too low (hypoglycemia) that people with diabetes do not feel well.
Symptoms of a hypoglycemia attack
- Altered level of consciousness;
- Sweat ;
- Rapid, shallow breathing;
- Weak and rapid pulse;
- Weakness ;
How to react?
- Call the emergency services (see our form S-A-M-P-L-E);
- For an unconscious victim, watch their vital signs and place them in the lateral safety position;
- For a conscious victim, help them take their medication or a sugary food such as fruit juice, chocolate or even a sugar cube;
- Help the victim have their blood sugar test and advise them to see a doctor.